Housing Application and Agreement process
Current Cal State LA Students: As an enrolled student, you already have access to the Housing Portal and can access housing applications as soon as they are available.
We invite all current Cal State LA students to participate in the Spring 2022 application and license agreement process. Friday, November 12, 2021 is the priority deadline to submit your completed online housing application and agreement and $340 initial payment fee.
All students will be required to satisfy a $340 initial payment along with their completed application/license agreement to participate in the Spring 2022 housing application process
New Undergraduate First-Year/Transfer Admits: In order to access the Housing Portal, you must meet the following criteria.
- Only students who have paid their $100 ECD to confirm enrollment with Cal State LA will obtain access to the online housing application and license agreement. Once you pay the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD), it will take 4-5 days for you to gain access to apply online through the Housing Portal. You will not recieve an email alert about this, so we encourage you to try logging onto the portal daily to check access.
- After completing the online application and license agreement you will be prompted to submit a $340 initial payment fee ($40 application fee, $300 pre-rental payment).
- Once we recieve your online application, license agreement, and $340 initial payment fee, we will include you in the process for a bed space assignment.
- Friday, November 12, 2021 is the priority deadline to submit your completed online housing application, license agreement, and $340 initial payment fee.
- The housing assignment process for all applicants is scheduled to occur during by the first week of December.
New Graduate/Doctoral Admits: Newly admitted graduate students are not required to pay the $100 ECD but will need to wait for thier official admissions email that will be sent by the Cal State LA Admissions Office, which updates a student's status to a pre-matriculated student in order to recieve access to the Housing Portal.
New International Exchange Program and Study in LA Students: If you are not able to access the Housing Portal please send an email to email@example.com to get information about on-campus housing. Please know that your Cal State LA program directors and coordinators will also be sending out information on how to apply for on-campus housing and can be used as a resource for information and assistance. If you are able to access the online Housing Portal please follow the steps and processes outlined in the New Undergraduate/Transfer section above.